Growing Walnut Trees: FAQs and Answers
Imagine sitting in the shade of your English walnut trees (Juglans regia) and relishing a brownie studded with their buttery, nutritious walnuts. Then, imagine several generations of your family doing the same. In the right conditions, English walnuts beautify their surroundings and nourish their caretakers for centuries. We answer all the FAQs about the basics of growing these very special trees!
- How are English walnuts different from black walnuts?
- Where do English walnut trees grow?
- Do they have other climate requirements?
- Why do they need chilling hours?
- What cultivars need the fewest chilling hours?
- How long of a growing season do they need?
- How much heat can they take?
- Do all English walnut trees need a cross pollinator?
- What kind of soil do they need?
- What about sun and water?
- How much fertilizing do they need?