A Guide to Growing Spinach in Your Home Garden
Packed with vitamins, minerals, and good flavor, spinach is a favorite garden vegetable which grows quickly and easily in cool weather. Plant your spinach crops in spring and fall, and sow successive crops to keep the harvest going for as long as possible. Versatile spinach grows well in full-sun and partial shade, but it does require even and consistent moisture to prevent bolting and to allow it to thrive.
- What is the best season for growing spinach?
- How long does it take spinach to grow?
- What kind of soil does spinach grow in?
- How much water does spinach need?
- How far apart do you plant spinach seeds?
- How much light does spinach need to grow?
- When do you fertilize spinach?
- What are the different types of spinach?
- What is bolting and how do you prevent it?
- What kind of pests and diseases attack spinach?
- What is succession planting?
- Can you grow spinach in containers?
- How and when do you harvest spinach?
- What are good companion plants to grow with spinach?
- What is New Zealand spinach?
- Is spinach really good for you?
- How do you keep spinach after harvest?