Interesting Facts about Olives and Olive Trees
Olives are among the oldest crops cultivated by human beings. This hardy, evergreen tree has been providing us with food, fuel, wood, and medicine for thousands of years. Native to the warmer parts of Europe and the Near East, this tree is now grown around the world in planting zones 8 to 11. Read on to discover interesting facts about olive trees and their fruit.
- The Oldest Olive Tree
- Harvested for Thousands of Years
- Green Olive Trees or Black Olive Trees?
- Olives Can be Grown Indoors
- The Wood of Olive Trees is Useful
- The Olive is a Symbol of Peace
- Olives are Widely Cultivated
- The Mission Olive is from California
- Olive Oil Lighted the Ancient World
- Olives are Good for You
- Olives Used for Medicine