Best Methods for Growing Leeks
Leeks (Allium ampeloprasum) are cool weather, biennial vegetables belonging to the onionfamily. They have a milder flavor than onions, and don't form bulbs like onions. Instead, leeks grow edible 6 to 10 inch stalks. They are low in calories and nutritious, providing 20% of your daily iron and vitamin C. Use the following suggestions on how to plant leeks in your garden, and maintain them for the whole growing season.
- What Is the Best Location for Planting Leeks?
- What Are the Best Soil Conditions for Growing Leeks?
- When Is the Best Time to Plant Leek Seeds?
- How to Harden Off Seedlings before Planting
- How to Plant Leek Transplants
- How Much Water Do Leeks Need?
- How to Control Insects that Infest Leeks?
- What Are the Most Common Leek Diseases?
- When Is the Best Time to Harvest Leeks?