Using Banana Peels in Compost
Many people add fruit and vegetable peels to their compost. Like other fruits, banana peels will break down, adding important minerals to your compost. Compared to something like an apple or a peach, the banana has considerably more peel, which means more organic material. A little preparation helps them break down faster.
- Can I Grow Bananas?
- Why Do Banana Have Peels?
- What Nutrients are Contained In Banana Peels?
- How Do I Make Compost?
- Can I Just Toss the Peel In My Compost Pile?
- Can I Bury the Peel in the Garden?
- How Do I Prepare Banana Peels for Composting?
- How Do I Add Banana Peels to Compost?
- How Do I Manage the Compost Heap?
- What About Diseases?